Re: installworld to DESTDIR: touch: not found

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:10:21 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Kent Stewart wrote:

> This kind of error frequently happens when your clock is off. Make
> thinks the date of the cvsuped source is newer than the file it created
> and tries to create it again.
>
> Do you run cmos at UTC or local. If local, did you adjkerntz -i.

A few people have suggested this.  System clock runs UTC, and it uses ntp;
as far as I can tell, there were no interesting time shifts during the
build.  All file systems are local not NFS, so that rules out
client/server timestamp problems.  I'm blowing away my object tree and
will try to buildworld again and see what happens.

Thanks!

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research