Re: please test pcm channel patch

From: Mathew Kanner <mat_at_cnd.mcgill.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:23:16 -0500
On Dec 08, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> On Thursday 04 December 2003 18:02, Sean Chittenden wrote:
 [snip]

> > Haven't had a LOR in the last 24hrs, I think you got a winner here.
>
> Ditto here too (except it wasn't an LOR in the first place). I've been running
> this patch since Friday with no backtraces and no problems. Here's my
> pcm dmesg entry for some more info about my sound hardware:
>
> pcm0: <Intel ICH3 (82801CA)> port 0x18c0-0x18ff,0x1c00-0x1cff irq 5 at device 31.5 on pci0
> pcm0: <Cirrus Logic CS4299 AC97 Codec>
>
> I'd also like to note that before this patch (5.1-RELEASE and the original
> 5.2-BETA) my XMMS would periodically halt every 10 or 20 minutes with
> a message about /dev/dsp0.0 not being a valid device or something. I
> haven't seen this behavior at all since installing this patch. My music has
> been streaming for 4 hours straight with no interruptions!
>
> The whole XMMS halting music thing has been incredibly annoying ever
> since I switched to 5.1-RELEASE back in June 2003. It's very sweet to
> know that I played a small part in squashing that bug.
>
> Thanks for the patch! Has it been committed yet? I'd love to see this make
> it into 5.2-RELEASE.

	Thank you all for testing, (esp Sean who's quick reply let
commit the patch before the 5.2 branch).

	Jesse,
	In regards to XMMS, I can't claim credit for it.  I don't know
why it didn't work for you before.

	--Mat

--
	We peer so suspiciously at each other that we cannot see
	that we Canadians are standing on the mountaintop of human