Re: Status of wi(4)

From: Soren Schmidt <sos_at_spider.deepcore.dk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:00:48 +0100 (CET)
It seems Sam Leffler wrote:
> > > My MA401 w/ later station firmware (1.3.4) works fine.  The previous wi
> > > problems were with Lucent cards and appear to have been resolved.
> >
> > No! lucents even with the newest firmware 8.x.x still doesn't work in
> > either adhoc mode. I can get it to contact an AP but thats all..
>
> My last testing of wi for Prism and Lucent both worked with adhoc mode.  I am
> aware of your issues with adhoc mode for atwi cards.  I will test again but,
> as usual, details are more useful than "it don't work".

Well, I put two of these:

wi0: <Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE> at port 0x100-0x13f irq 11 function 0 co
nfig 1 on pccard0
wi0: 802.11 address: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE
wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (8.10.1)
wi0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

in laptops running 5.2-soontobe, and they can't find each other nor talk
adhoc to the other even if one is running win2K. Running both in win2k works
and so does talking to an AP.
The problems with atwi that you are referring to are very semilar so to
me it suggests our 80211 code which is common has something todo with the
problems at hand.

-Søren
                       .. but it works under windows!!