Re: gimp fails suddenly

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:07:57 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Viktor Vasilev wrote:

> > You probably need to add
> >
> > kern.ipc.shmmax="67108864"
> >
> > to /boot/loader.conf, then reboot your system.  This should give you ~64MB
> > of shm space.
>
> Uhm, I did what you had in mind, not what you typed in :) Added the line
>
> kern.ipc.shmmax=67108864

No, I meant loader. The sysctl changes the limit but won't allocate the
memory.  Theres a related one 'kern.ipc.shmmaxpgs' which seems to be the
number of pages to allocate.  As long as its a tunable it seems to take
effect.

> anyway, I compiled gimp1 (same version as before - 1.2.5,1) from ports with
> debugging symbols and WITHOUT_PRINT=yes, and now everything's fine. Odd.

Yeah, when you reported it I built the most current gimp1 port and all was
well. Chock it up to a gimp1 bug perhaps :)