why support alpha??

From: <eqe_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:43:02 -0500
Isn't alpha dead? Why bother supporting them in 5.2 it seems like wasted
energy. Yes people still use it but for them there is 4.9 which works
fine. You could better serve the freebsd community by focusing on the
future of computing like amd64, great dual support, better drivers, etc.
and most people know this, so why not let alpha die. I personally like
alpha but it has no future.

BTW to all the alpha people don't flame me flame compaq and dec for
selling it to them!!

 Sign,
    Eriq lamar