Re: why support alpha??

From: <eqe_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:37:42 -0500
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 10:43:02PM -0500, eqe_at_cox.net wrote:
> >Isn't alpha dead? Why bother supporting them in 5.2 it seems like wasted
> >energy. ... You could better serve the freebsd community by focusing on
> > the future of computing ....
>
> This is a volunteer effort.
>
> People support FreeBSD-Alpha because they want to.
>
> Please don't piss off hardworking volunteers by telling
> them that their efforts aren't appreciated.  Messages
> like this hurt the entire project.
>
> Tim Kientzle
It was not my intent to piss off anyone but the truth is freebsd needs to
seriously think about it's goals. I just thought if all the people dev. for
alpha started dev. for i686 and amd64 then the project would be stronger for
it. The alpha guys are valuable no question and again it was not my intent to
piss on them. I just don't have an alpha (I wish I did, but I don't) and so I
am only thinking about I686 or amd64.