Re: nss and pthreads and wine, oh my!

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:50:37 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Craig Boston wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 11:39 pm, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> > I am a bit confused though, because I would think nsdispatch works
> > for other cases and don't know why it isn't for wine.
>
> Not a clue there...  nsdispatch seems to work fine in every other
> single-threaded process without a hitch.  The only thing I can think of that
> wine does differently is use its own LDTs, but that's a stab in the dark.
>
> > What thread library are you using?
>
> I'm using plain old libc_r.  I'll try libthr and kse and see if there is any
> difference.

One other thing.  When you are building wine, can you search its
sources for ldt_keeper.c or something like that?  It may need
a patch to work with libthr and libkse.  You can see similar
patches for mplayer and libxine which both have an ldt_keeper.c
with comments saying it is taken from wine.

--
Dan