Re: nss and pthreads and wine, oh my!

From: Craig Boston <craig_at_xfoil.gank.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:57:07 -0600
On Wednesday 10 December 2003 08:22 am, Craig Boston wrote:
> I'm using plain old libc_r.  I'll try libthr and kse and see if there is
> any difference.

Ok, it gets even weirder...  If I use libthr (via libmap), it works without a
problem.  libkse gets a Bus Error in the same place as libc_r.

*BUT*

Wine with libc_r doesn't crash if it's using XFree86 as its X server.  If I
replicate the conditions from last night and run it pointing at an Xvnc
server, it crashes.  For reference, on the 5.1-RELEASE box, the X server
doesn't seem to make one bit of difference (it crashes 100% of the time).
For all I know using libthr doesn't actually fix the problem but just changes
the conditions enough that it doesn't get triggered...

I still don't understand how the thread library is even getting loaded in the
first place.  I think wine is doing its own internal threading.  The error
message references thread 9, but ps -aH only shows a single thread in the
wine process (with libthr).

Craig