Re: buildworld doesn't like -O2

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:23:12 +0100
Damian Gerow <dgerow_at_afflictions.org> writes:
> Okay, after some playing around, it turns out that something in the PAM code
> really doesn't like -O2 optimization -- I have CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe, and this is
> what I see:

>From  src/share/examples/etc/make.conf:

# CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code.
# Note that optimization settings above -O (-O2, ...) are not recommended
# or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any
# nonstandard optimization settings to "-O" before submitting bug reports
# to the developers.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no