Re: FreeBSD 5.2-RC1 released

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:57:36 -0700 (MST)
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Scott Long wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I've uploaded ISO images and FTP install bits for FreeBSD 5.2-RC1.  i386,
> > alpha, and pc98 are available now, amd64 will be available shortly, and
> > sparc64 will be available later tonight.  Please test this as much as
> > possible so that we can release a good 5.2-RELEASE next week.
>
> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how long does it normally take for
> the ISO images to become available?
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/5.2/
>
> Only has 5.2-BETA-i386-miniinst.iso currently...

I fixed what might have been a permissions problem on ftp-master a few
minutes ago.  If the bits don't show up in the next few hours, there might
be a real problem to investigate.  Also be aware that ftp.freebsd.org has
a round-robin DNS entry, and that one of the entries (freebsd.isc.org) is
much faster than the other.

Scott