Re: pppoe broken (for me)

From: Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:17:34 +0100
On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 01:02:19PM +0100, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> > > Yes, I cvsuped. And buildworld ran through. But since installworld
> > > did not run without glitches I manually did a make install in
> > > usr.sbin/ppp and usr.sbin/libnetgraph, also rebuilt and installed
> > > kernel once again. And now it seems that pppoe connects again.
> >
> > You're ignoring the real problem here, so there's not much more I can
> > suggest to you.
>
> Excuse me, what do you mean? That I did not read UPDATING ? And did not do the
> build process in the right order? Do yeu mean that by 'axctual problem'? :-)

You said installworld had problems, but keep talking about the symptoms
it produced and not the installworld problem itself.
Btw.: A new kernel without the correct userland tools does produce such
symptoms.
Try a fresh buildworld/installworld to be shure about sync kernel and
userland.
If installworld doesn't work then tell us about it.

ticso_at_bwct.de                                  info_at_bwct.de