Problem running fixit from 5.1rc iso's

From: <ahriman_at_softhome.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:43:24 -0700
I’m hoping someone else can test this and let me know if it is just me or
not. When I try to start a fixit session from the 5.2rc iso’s I get an error
message the says:
Warning: ldconfig could not create the ld.so hints file. Dynamic executables
from the disc likely wont work.

After I hit enter is says
Warning: could not create the symlink for ld-elf.so.1. Dynamic executables
from the disc likely wont work.

After that I can switch to the fixit terminal but all useful commands come
back with:
ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
Abort trap

I’ve tried redownloading the iso’s and checked the md5’s everything seems ok
on that side. I’ve also tried booting from disc 1 and switching to disc 2
like it asks for and just booting of disc 2 but I get the same results. If
anyone has any helpful thoughts that would be great because I’d really hate
to have to rebuild this system.
Thanks

Jamie