Re: Problem running fixit from 5.1rc iso's

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:51:36 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 ahriman_at_softhome.net wrote:

> I’ve tried redownloading the iso’s and checked the md5’s everything seems ok
> on that side. I’ve also tried booting from disc 1 and switching to disc 2
> like it asks for and just booting of disc 2 but I get the same results. If
> anyone has any helpful thoughts that would be great because I’d really hate
> to have to rebuild this system.

At some point I burned two copies of disc1 instead of separate disc1 and
disc2's.  Trying to offer disc1 in cd fixit casues this exact sequence of
errors. Make sure you actually burned disc2 to disc2 :-)

If you got it right, disc2 looks like an installed system, rather than the
standard distribution directories (base, et. al.).