Re: Compaq Presario 2105US ACPI = NO MOUSE

From: Brendon and Wendy <wendy.humphrey_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:46:24 -0800
Greetings to you also.

Thanks for your ASL patch suggestion - that worked perfectly. I now have
a PS/2 mouse being detected with ACPI on on my Compaq Presario 2100
latop. Woohoo.

My instrumentation code in psm.c now shows the mouse being initially
identified via the psmpnp driver path, which is what I was expecting to
see. Last night, I was rapidly coming to the conclusion that acpi-ca
simply couldn't see the mouse and it wasn't in the ACPI resource list.

Taku, the second .asl on my website was modified by me. the _CID block
was straight from the original asl. I had at one stage tried to re-order
the pnp ids within the block so that PNP0F03 was first, but that didn't
help either. So, it sort of looks as though acpi-ca doesn't understand
the multiple entries in _CID block syntax, even though their compiler
does.

I'm going to put a summary of this on my web server and index it with
google, hopefully this fix will apply to many of the other with laptop
mouse problems.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Brendon