Compaq Presario 2105US ACPI = NO MOUSE

From: Brendon and Wendy <wendy.humphrey_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 08:09:15 -0800
Dear list,

I am going to join the slowly growing number of users that are reporting
that use of ACPI on 5.1-current on Compaq Presario (maybe just Compaq!)
laptops results in the PS/2 mouse being undetectable by the OS (PSM:
Unable to allocate IRQ).

This has been an ongoing thing for me - I've been aware of the problem
for some time, but have not had the time to do anything about it. I
could sware that 5.0 + ACPI used to work, in fact I might reinstall it
to see.

I have already tried rebuilding my DSDT, and am going to try some
further experiments (the Compaq raw .aml, does not compile cleanly with
iasl and needs work). Going to try copying the resource allocation code
from a desktop machine that seems ok with ACPI into the laptop (that'll
be fun). I may also start walking through the resource
allocation/discovery code in the kernel to see what the device driver is
doing. My basic premise is that the kernel is having difficulty
determining which IRQ to use for the PS/2 mouse.

Nate if you have suggestions of things to try I'm perfectly happy to do
so.

For Nate, my boot -v output is at

http://humphrey.dyndns.org/dmesg.boot

original disassembled DSDT is at

http://humphrey.dyndns.org/presario2100us.asl

slightly tweeked (and no doubt munged) version:

http://humphrey.dyndns.org/presario2100us2.asl
http://humphrey.dynsdns.org/presario2100usdiff

Thanks,
Brendon