Re: 5.2-CURRENT: ldd /boot/kernel/kernel generates signal 6 (ABRT) ?

From: Dorin H <bj93542_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:48:43 -0800 (PST)

> I think it s a peculiarity of how ldd works.  It
> appears to execve() the
> binary in order to get ld.so to look at it, but
> since the kernel binary
> specifies it own loader (for the in-kernel linker)
> it bails.

Ok, I agree, but nevetheless, an abort ? :) Could be
something more explicit, but being the only exception
(plus the modules), maybe it is not relevant and the
complications heavier than the user comfort.

> The kernel isn't dynamically linked to any libraries
> (how would it load
> them!?!) so this wouldn't return anything anyway.

Hm <scratch, scratch>, so you map dynamic libraries to
user vm spaces, while when they are loaded in kernel
space, we "call" them kld modules ?

> Without it there is no FreeBSD :)

I thought that without the people tinkering here there
would be no FreeBSD :)
Great work!

Thanks,
/Dorin.