Re: 5.2Current: ACPI: tables not found on Intel AL44LX

From: Dorin H <bj93542_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:00:17 -0800 (PST)
--- Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Dorin H wrote:
>
> >  I know that probably many machines (espeacially
> old
> > ones, like mine) fail to work with ACPI.
> Nevertheless
> > I would be happy to play  with/test it, or at
> least
> > understand what happens, if I'll be able to make
> it
> > move.
>
> In your case, it is not supported in any way.

I have sent the previous email in the hope that I
could find more about "how" it is not supported:). I
see it doesn't work for now :)

> Don't
> try to load ACPI since
> it will never work, unless there is a BIOS update
> for your system to, say,
> add Win2k compatibility.

Ok, ok, according to this page,

http://home.earthlink.net/~billselk/al440lx/bios.html

the support for ACPI (partial, broken, or complete - I
really want to find out) is supported from version 11
of the BIOS.  My computer came with 11, but I hoped
that the last release (18, that page is outdated) will
support better the ACPI.  It is just that I am
tracking the current on this old machine, and of
course I would like to try all the goodies :). Maybe
do some testing one day:)

Thanks again,
/Dorin.