Re: services under /usr/local/etc/rc.d run twice on boot

From: Huginn <huginn78_at_o2.pl>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:59:25 +0100
On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 04:45:31PM +0800, jqdkf_at_army.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using 5.2-current now and each time my system starts up, the scripts
> under /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ run twice. Though it is not harmful, it is
> really annoying which print out a lot of error messages on screen say the
> service has already been running. How can I resolve this problem? Is it
> related with any config file or with the kernel?

Copy-paste from /usr/srt/UPDATING:
20030829:
  The following rc.d scripts have been removed and should be
  deleted from your installation: atm2.sh atm3.sh devdb
  localdaemons network1 network2 network3. Depending on when
  you last updated world and used mergemaster(8) you may or
  may not have problems during the rc boot sequence. The simplest
  solution is an 'rm -rf /etc/rc.d/*' and then 'mergemaster -i'.
  The atm2.sh atm3.sh and devdb scripts were removed some time
  ago, so depending on when you installed -CURRENT these scripts
  may or may not exist on your system.
--
  Huginn