Re: Continued problems with Aironet device and 5.2-RC

From: James Earl <james_at_icionline.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:35:24 -0700
On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 22:30, jqdkf_at_army.com wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 11:20:00AM -0800, James Earl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was able to get rid of "an0: failed to read RID ff50 7f21 21 0 2eab, 3"
> > messages, but my connection still eventually drops when transmitting data.
> > I tried many different IRQ combinations in the BIOS setup.  Some combinations go
> > t rid of the error message above, and some combinations had more stable results
> > that would NOT partially freeze my system.
>
> Hi,
>
> I also have this card, but unlike you, my system even can not recognize
> it. 4.9 release can detect 350 correctly and makes it work, but both 5.1
> and 5.2 can't detect it. According to dmesg:
>
> cbb0: Unsupported card type detected
>
> I'm sure I have the line "device an" in the config file, as it is the
> default. I also enabled devd and pccard in rc.conf. What else have you
> done to at least make it detected?

The only thing I've done with cbb is add:

hw.cbb.start_memory=0xC0800000

Otherwise I can't even boot past the cbb detection.  Don Lewis provided
me with this fix of Warner's.  When doing a verbose boot, it shows that
both the cbb and an device were being assigned the same memory range.

I'm not sure if this same thing would apply to you or not, but it might
be worth checking out.

James