Re: Mouse, ACPI, Award Bios and PR 55473

From: Brian Black <BlackBsd_at_Mountain.Net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:44:32 -0500
Robert Watson wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
>

>>>Are you sure you mean 5.1RC1 (and not 5.2-RC1)?  This bug (PR 55473) was
>>>definitely present in 5.1-release and I have seen reports that it was
>>>still present in 5.1-current within the last few months.
>>>

>>Sory, it is 5.1RC2.
>>

>If you're really sure it's a 5.1 release candidate, then you probably want
>to try one of the 5.2 release candidates instead to see if things have
>changed.
>
>Robert N M Watson             FreeBSD Core Team, TrustedBSD Projects
>robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research

Hey Rob,
    I have just updated my updated my sources to current as of 12-22-3,
the problem with the mouse is still present for me, i am using a soyo
kt333 mother board with the award bios.  Any ideas where this problem is
isolated to??,   is it definetly in the file
"/usr/sys/dev/acpica/acpi_pci_link.c"??  It would be better just to go
get a new board, but that does not solve the problem, just eludes it.