Re: Dell 5150 laptop and lost PS/2 touchpad

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:34:34 -0800
On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 05:20:26PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 17:16, Steve Kargl wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the URL.  My next chores are the update acpi on
> > the dell and install XFree86.
>
> My point was this didn't happen until I did the BIOS update.  That BIOS
> update is important, though, so this would make a good errata item.  I
> seem to recall some other laptops (maybe Dell only) have this problem,
> too.

My laptop came with the A24 BIOS.  Upon re-reading your notes,
I see your problem with the touchpad started after a BIOS upgade
to A23.  What puzzled me about whether this was a BIOS or FreeBSD
code problem is that I also have a Dell 4150 and its touchpad
works without a problem (although I don't recall which BIOS I
have installed).

--
Steve