Dell 5150 laptop and lost PS/2 touchpad

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 23:16:01 -0500

Steve> I'm not sure if this is a Dell BIOS problem, new interrupt code
Steve> problem, or PS/2 device driver problem.  The Dell 5150 laptop
Steve> has a Synaptic touchpad, which fails to attach with the GENERIC
Steve> kernel from RC1 and a custom kernel from today sources.  A
Steve> verbose boot shows:

I found it critical to patch the problems in the Dell BIOS version of
the ACPI DSDT before I could get the touchpad to work on an 1100
recently.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave_at_daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |