Re: Trying to install 5.2 RC2, failed ftp install

From: Clint Olsen <clint_at_0lsen.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:18:41 -0800
On Dec 31, Scott Long wrote:

> I just did a successful FTP install of 5.2-RC2 using the 'bootonly' ISO
> image to start the process, then set sysinstall to use passive FTP from
> ftp.freebsd.org.
>
> Unfortunately, using real floppies to start sysinstall resulted in a
> endless stream of VM Fault panics that went by too fast to copy down.

I can't say I have performed a successful install since I haven't managed
to actually boot the disk yet, but I have been able to make progress beyond
where things went wrong before.  The difference was that I used the main
ftp site ftp.freebsd.org whereas I tried ftp1.freebsd.org previously.  So,
it's possible that there's something up with that copy of the 5.2RC.

Thanks,

-Clint