Re: 5.2-rc1 Install and USB mouse problems

From: Lars Köller <Lars_at_koellers.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 10:27:32 +0100

>Then I guess that controller doesn't support it. Sorry; you can try
>complaining to scottl_at_freebsd.org :-)

>> >Not sure here; the USB mouse on my home system (VIA KT400 chipset) works
>> >as expected. perhaps there are two mouseds running?
>>
>> No, nothing in that area. At the moment I think it has to do with the
>> usb code in the 5.2 kernel. The problem is I don't have an idea how to
>> further debug.
>
>Me neither.  Is usbd running? can you kill it, all running copies of
>moused, and run 'moused -t auto -p /dev/ums0' and have it succeed?  If
>that works then maybe your usbd.conf is corrupted.

I've tested this all! No success. It is all configured exactly an under
4.9, but with the 5.2 kernel/usb subsystem the mouse will not run in
the onboard VIA usb port.

All runs fine with an usb port on the add on usb2/fw card.

So I guess something has changes from 4.9 to 5.X which avoids working
of the VIA onboard usb port with the Typhoon RF Optical mouse.

Regards

Lars

--
Lars Köller
E-Mail: lars_at_koellers.net (LKoeller_at_FreeBSD.ORG)