Re: [RELENG_5_2] Cardbus trouble

From: Michael Lestinsky <michael_at_lestinsky.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:22:45 +0100
On 24.12.'03 M. Warner Losh wrote:
> You may try setting hw.cbb.start_memory as well.

I did this and applied your patch as well. Both didn't change anything.
Do you want me to enable any debugging options?

Maybe I should have been a little more specific about it not working
without the hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range. Having cbb compiled in or
loaded as a module was enough to reboot the machine by playing a little
music or moving a usb mouse. A few seconds and the machine was dead.

I'm not very good at debugging the kernel, but "cbb" related strings
appeared always in the output of the backtrace. Even when there was no
cardbus/pcmcia card inserted. After throwing out all cards-related stuff
from my kernel configuration sound and usb worked just fine.

See http://www.lestinsky.de/michael/dmesg
and http://www.lestinsky.de/michael/pciconf-vl

Bye
Michael