ACPI causes page fault/panic upon reboot

From: Dan Hulme <d_at_diefree.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:39:32 -0800
When I reboot my FreeBSD 5.2RC2 machine, I get the following message
every time.  This is an HP pavilion 6740C with an additional network
card (realtek of some kind).  If you need more info, let me know.  The
problem doesn't bother me, except that rebooting takes an extra 15
seconds, but it seems to be some kind of bug in ACPI.

-Dan

------------------------

Shutting down ACPI

fault virtual address    = 0x18
fault code                = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer        = 0x8:0xc05fd8c5
stack pointer            = 0x10:0xd032cc90
frame pointer            = 0x10:0xd032ccc0
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process            = 19 (irq9: rl0 dc0 acpi0)
trap number                = 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 25m41s
Shutting down ACPI