Re: lpd after Upgrade from 4.9

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:42:42 -0500
At 11:12 AM -0500 12/29/03, Jon Smith wrote:
>Now, lpd, on the other hand, has been giving me some
>trouble.  When I print from the FreeBSD machine, it
>works fine.  When I print from my powerbook running
>MacOS 10.3, across the wireless network, into the
>freebsd lpd, I get garbage across the top of the page
>then most/all of my data.  This occurs whether
>printing from a web browser or `cat | lp`.

The version of lpr/lpd in the base system of 5.2-current
is almost exactly the same as what is in 4.9-stable.  So,
that should be fine.

My guess is that you have some alternate version of lpr
installed.  Something like lprNG or CUPS-lpr, and that
port was written-over when you upgraded to 5.2-stable.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org