Trying to install 5.2 RC2, failed ftp install

From: Clint Olsen <clint_at_0lsen.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:45:01 -0800
Hi:

I hope that I got the list correct for this since this is a release
candidate.  I'm trying to boot a CD and install over the net.  To keep
things simple, I'm installing everything.  I configure my network
interface, and when I install the base package, I get a "write on transfer
failed".

I toggled over to the debug console, and I saw this:

/stand/gunzip: <fd:0>: too many length or distance symbols
/stand/cpio: premature end of file

Is the 5.2 install broken?

Thanks,

-Clint