Re: kern.osreldate and EAI_NODATA deprecation

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:41:23 +0100
On Wednesday 31 December 2003 14:26, Mark Huizer wrote:
> > __FreeBSD_version is defined in sys/sys/param.h. The closest for your
> > case is: 501112 from October 16th.
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/sys/param.h
> >
> > I'd rather suggest using an unconditional patch which introduces #ifdef
> > EAI_NODATA where required. That is future save (as the comment notes that
> > EAI_NODATA will go forever on Apr 23th).
>
> Well, that's tougher, since EAI_NODATA is defined (it's defined to be
> EAI_NODATA).
> Hmm...
> would this work? I'm not too 100% secure about preprocessing stuff.
> If this should work, I could try to get it included in the normal kaffe
> tree.
>
> #if defined(EAI_NODATA) && EAI_NODATA != EAI_NONAME
> #endif

Other question, does it hurt you that EAI_NODATA == EAI_NONAME? I'd not think
so ... so why borther?! But yes, the syntax is okay ... consider extra
parentheses for the second expression.

> Perhaps I should put a defined(__FREEBSD__) somewhere in there as well.
>
> #if !defined(__FREEBSD__) || (defined(EAI_NODATA) && EAI_NODATA !=
> EAI_NONAME)
>
> Something like that?

As long as you keep it locally in the *FreeBSD* ports tree there is no point
in checking that twice. If you plan to submit patches to the original authors
you might want to double check which platforms have EAI_NODATA and which
don't (as the commit messages hints that there might be others w/o
EAI_NODATA). autoconf and friends ...

--
Best regards,				| max_at_love2party.net
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661