Re: ath driver and turning wireless off.

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:23:13 -0600 (CST)
David Gilbert said:
> BTW... this Dell (D800) has the ability to turn the wireless hardware
> off.  For the bluetooth, this is simple: it's like disconnecting a USB
> dongle.  For the mini-pci slot, it appears to power it down.  pciconf
> -lv shows the current (non-supported non-ath) card as present when
> wireless is "on" and not present when wireless is "off"
>
> Is the ath driver able to handle this with any degree of
> gracefullness?

I don't believe the keystroke to turn on/off the mini-pci device even
functions in FreeBSD on my Dell D600.  Is there a trick to getting it to
work?  I had thought you needed a software piece to receive that
keystroke, then do something with it (in which case you could possibly
unload the kernel module with that stroke, which I think will stop it from
being powered - but I'm not certain on this).

Eric

Eric Anderson    anderson_at_centtech.com    Centaur Technology
You have my continuous partial attention