features of ICH5/ICH5-R supported in -current or 5.1-RELEASE?

From: John Reynolds <johnjen_at_reynoldsnet.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:19:09 -0700
Hi all, I'm wondering if some of the features of the ICH5 found in the
springdale and canterwood platforms (i865/i875) are currently supported
in either 5.1-RELEASE or -CURRENT?

I've read through some of the ATA code commits and see a few comments
related to ICH5 and I believe I spotted where the plain ATA controller
is recognized (and in theory fully supported as this shouldn't have
changed from ICH4). But I still have questions about the following:

   1) S-ATA: Is the S-ATA controller in ICH5 supported and if not, are
there plans to support it? If not, is the problem documentation or
hardware to test with?

   2) RAID: The ICH5-R supports RAID0 (and I guess RAID1 as well). Will
this be a supported platform for RAID?

   3) Is the 3COM 3C940 Gigabit ethernet card supported? I checked in
the 4.8's and 5.1's hardware release notes but couldn't find mention of it.

Thanks for any information,

-Jr