Re: features of ICH5/ICH5-R supported in -current or 5.1-RELEASE?

From: Soeren Schmidt <sos_at_spider.deepcore.dk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:07:46 +0200 (CEST)
It seems John Reynolds wrote:
> Hi all, I'm wondering if some of the features of the ICH5 found in the
> springdale and canterwood platforms (i865/i875) are currently supported
> in either 5.1-RELEASE or -CURRENT?
>
> I've read through some of the ATA code commits and see a few comments
> related to ICH5 and I believe I spotted where the plain ATA controller
> is recognized (and in theory fully supported as this shouldn't have
> changed from ICH4). But I still have questions about the following:
>
>    1) S-ATA: Is the S-ATA controller in ICH5 supported and if not, are
> there plans to support it? If not, is the problem documentation or
> hardware to test with?

I have committed code to support the SATA part of the ICH5, but so far
noone has been able to test it and get back to me with results..

>    2) RAID: The ICH5-R supports RAID0 (and I guess RAID1 as well). Will
> this be a supported platform for RAID?

If possible yes, either I need docs on how the RAID config are laid
out on disk, or someone needs to reverseengineer how its done, then
support for that format is easily added to ata-raid.c..

-Søren