Re: Experiences with ath(4)

From: Lukas Ertl <l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 19:30:19 +0200 (CEST)
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Lukas Ertl wrote:

> *) Finally, there seems to be a problem with interaction between the AP
> and my ADSL router (I'm not sure if this is a FreeBSD problem, I need to
> test with WinXP too). My LAN looks something like this:
>
>    WLAN Client )))  ((( AP --- Switch --- ADSL router
>                          other hosts in LAN
>
> The ADSL router (a Speedtouch 510) does NAT. Everything seems to work
> fine, but after some time, all connections from the WLAN client to the
> outside world have died. I can connect to the other hosts in the LAN just
> fine, though, and there are no further messages in the log files.
> The quickest way to make it work again, is pulling the card out and plug
> it back it. Any ideas?

Ok, I've investigated this further. The strange thing is: whenever the
connections to the outside drop, I can ping and connect to any host in my
LAN (10.0.0.0/24), but I _cannot_ ping 10.0.0.138 from the WLAN client,
which is the inside interface of the ADSL router and thus the default
route. I can't explain why. "ifconfig ath0 down && ifconfig ath0 up"
solves this lock-up. Could this be a driver bug?

regards,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073