Re: radeon lockups w/ 5.1-R

From: Scott M. Likens <damm_at_infinitevoid.net>
Date: 10 Jul 2003 16:23:43 -0700
On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 15:25, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> Scott M. Likens writes:
>
> >Are you using the drm kernel drivers from the kernel, or are you using
> >DRI-HEAD from dri.sf.net?
>
> >From the kernel (I didn't install anything else).

Yes you can get it from dri.sf.net

Easiest way and most painful as you have to download alot,

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous_at_cvs.dri.sf.net:/cvsroot/dri login
<empty password hit enter>
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous_at_cvs.dri.sf.net:/cvsroot/dri -z3 co xc

2hours later, or whatever it may be.

cd xc/xc
make World

then after that's done, yes you'll want libGL and such...

so first off

cd ~/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/kernel
make -f Makefile.bsd

then make -f Makefile.bsd install

then go through and install the proper stubs and drivers, you can it
easily done at,

xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers

make install
xc/xc/lib/GL
make install

and go through you don't need to install the whole thing, unless you
want.

Either works... but that will give you native support

make sure the radeon.kld from the os-support/... gets into /boot/kernel

kldxref /boot/kernel

radeon_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf

and that will give you MUCH more recent DRI support that'll get you
OpenGL 1.3 support which you can verify with glxinfo.

If you have any questions you can email me, or the list... i prefer the
list for educational purposes.

the DRI-HEAD as it is builds perfectly for FreeBSD and NetBSD i
believe... FreeBSD i have exp with.

if you need linux support, we can work on that too.

--
Scott M. Likens <damm_at_infinitevoid.net>