Re: acpi not working

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:08:07 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, David Hill wrote:

> Hello -
> My machine is a Dell Inspiron 2650 notebook.
>
> wind# kldstat
> Id Refs Address    Size     Name
>  1    8 0xc0100000 3c4414   kernel
>  2    1 0xc04c5000 4b440    acpi.ko
>  3    2 0xc28f9000 18000    linux.ko
>  4    1 0xc2914000 186000   nvidia.ko
> wind# acpiconf -e
> wind# acpiconf -d
> wind# acpiconf -e

I think at this point, you're on your own. I'm not sure ACPI can be
repeatedly disabled and enabled:

> acpi0: attempt to register more than one interrupt handler
>     ACPI-0210: *** Error: Unable to install System Control Interrupt Handler, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

-d isn't removing the interrupt handler, which isn't suprising.

Your system started up OK with ACPI so the answer to this will be:

Don't do that.

AE_REGION_LIMIT errors are almost always bugs in the DSDT. You can
probably fix it yourself.