RE: FFS_ROOT is gone?

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 02:58:12 +0200
Bernd Walter wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 02:38:18AM +0200, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > *snip*

> > > That's the normal behavour if the line can't be parsed.
> > > IIRC you can't correct typos on that line.
> > > Even if a line corrected with backspace looks good - it is not.
> >
> > I'm very sure that I had a few attempts without any misstype
> because I tried
> > that some dozends and I was aware that I didn't use any backspace
>
> Another chance might be garbadge that went in.
> E.g. I had a terminal server sending stop bytes when the kernel starts,
> because the network was a bit to slow.
> You'll never see those bytes because they are non-printable, but they
> are there.

That's really possible because my connection was a 38400 serial with a 3
meter cable. I had lots of line mesh with that connection. But it would mean
that *all* my attempts had line failures, which could be possible but like I
said they were near countless, so chances are good that at least one was
correct?!?!?

Let's see what Tim can contribute to this topic, since he also claimed to
have problems with "mountroot>"