Re: Problems with fxp0 on T30 with 5.1-RELEASE

From: stark <stark_at_jeamland.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 09:58:00AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> kevin oberman suggested the use of the ps2 utility for thinkpads. i
> did not have the chance to try it out myself.

I also didn't have the time to look at it the last day and a half, but
I have time this weekend so I'll definitely investigate.

The part that I'm confused about is "what's the 'ps2' utility?"

There's no mention of it in /usr/ports and the only things I can find
with google are a DOS program by that name.  Is that what you're referring to?

If so, where do I get it?

> the only odd thing is that 5.0 did not have this bug, while 5.1 has
> it. if it needs fixing is up to you, i am now happy with the current
> solution. but then, the default bios settings are so stupid that it may
> not be feasable to do anything about it.

This is the part that confuses me as well, but from 5.0 to 5.1 the fxp
driver was completely re-written to use a different API so tracking
down the specific problem is going to suck :(

I also have XP on the laptop (for work stuff, honest! :) and it's working
fine as well, so it's definitely a bug in 5.1.

I'll also try getting -CURRENT /usr/src off another system and recompiling
from scratch to see if that fixes the issue (not having net sucks! :)

Dana Lacoste
Ottawa, Canada

PS: Someone had said that although they might be able to find the bug they'd
    need the affected hardware.  Well, if you're between Toronto and Quebec
    City I could arrange a field trip for the weekend, but I'm not shipping
    my laptop to Europe :)