Re: Problems with fxp0 on T30 with 5.1-RELEASE

From: stark <stark_at_jeamland.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:46:51 -0400 (EDT)
> ps2 is the IBM utility to adjust BIOS parameters. While these can also
> be adjusted under Windows, many are never written to CMOS and are lost
> on re-boot. (Windows re-loads them from the registry.) ps2 will change
> the values in CMOS memory.

I couldn't get ps2 to tell me anything interesting, but I entered the
BIOS and put 5,7,9,10,11 for the first 5 PCI IRQ ids and left the last
three on auto and ta-da!  everything seems to be working.

I'm using the GENERIC 5.1-RELEASE kernel so it's using cbb already
(someone had asked that) and I can't see that anything else is failing
(I don't have wi-fi and I had already disabled serial, IR, and parallel,
so USB is the only thing left :)

Woo-Hoo!  This is the first time I've had 5.x working completely on
my laptop.  I'm very very appreciative.  Thanks everyone!

(Now we should probably find out WHY we have to set the IRQ assignments
manually, but seeing as it works I'm not in a rush to find out.  Feel
free to suggest code changes and I'll be a guinea pig though :)

Dana Lacoste
Ottawa, Canada