Re: cyclades isa card not recognized on 5-current ?

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:47:59 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Bruce Evans wrote:

Hi,

> > just to also ask here before opening a bug report. Anyone successfully
> > using a cyclades (Yo8) ISA on FreeBSD 5.x/Current ?
> >
> > I am unable to get it regonized on bootup.
>
> A similar configuration still works for me with a slightly old version
> of -current.

I have further digged into this and from what I can see

--- cy.c:cy_units ---
                /* wait for the CD1400 to initialize itself */
                for (i = 0; i < 200; i++) {
                        DELAY(50);

                        /* retrieve firmware version */
                        firmware_version = cd_inb(iobase, CD1400_GFRCR,
                                                  cy_align);
                        if ((firmware_version & 0xf0) == 0x40) {
                                break;
                        }
                }
--- cut ---

firmware_version always is 0xff.

If I give another maddr in hints file than dip switches are set to
kernel aborts somwhere in sioprobe(dev) and will reboot so I assume
maddr really is set correct (also verified with cyclades manual
y_30.pdf again).

There is a "Rev 5" oder 5.0 on the card.

Any more ideas ? I am willing to test any ideas/patches etc.

--
Greetings

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/