Re: FreeBSD 5.1-R kernel panic

From: Stephane Raimbault <segr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 00:33:03 -0600
Hi Thanks for your response,

I do not have PAE enabled... I've been hesitant of turning it on, I'm not
sure if it's too stable, I noticed that the asr driver is in the nodriver
list in the PAE kernel config file and I use the asr driver for my Adaptec
2015S raid card.  If you think its safe to enable PAE with my current setup,
please let me know, I do have 2 more gig's of ram in this particular box
that I'd like to enable if it doesn't compromise system stability.

I will re-compile the kernel with the kern_malloc.c as you suggested,
however I see that 1.126 fixes a PAE issue, so I'm not sure if that's going
to help me out much.

Where can I get information on how to get my kernel to provide a stack
trace?  I have done little of this type of troubleshooting, but would like
to provide as much info before I'm forced to revert to 4.8-R in hopes to
return stability to our system.  If the new kernel with the updated
kern_malloc.c doesn't help, I'll look at increasing the values you
suggested.

Thanks for the info, and I'll keep you posted with what I find.

Thanks again,
Stephane Raimbault