FreeBSD 5.1-R kernel panic

From: Stephane Raimbault <segr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:01:24 -0600
I'm running FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE with the SMP kernel and ran across the
following kernel panic.

panic: kmem_malloc(4096): kmem_map too small: 275251200 total allocated

I'm trying to figure out what could be causing this, what kind of
information that I could provide to this group (or other group?) to see if
this is a bug in FreeBSD that needs to be looked into?

The box is basically a busy apache server... the kernel panic seemed to
occur during the periodic daily was running.  It seems to complete the
440.status-mailq part of periodic daily , but doesn't do
450.status-security.

This isn't the first time the box has crashed at aprox. 3:01 am (when daily
runs)... however this is the first time I've seend the kernel panic message
quoted above in the /var/run/dmesg.boot file.

I have attached the entire /var/run/dmesg.boot file to this message.

What can I do to assist in identifiying and resolving this problem?

Thanks,
Stephane Raimbault.