fuword(), suword(), etc.

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:48:41 -0700 (PDT)
I'd like to have a "suptr and fuptr" to be able to save and read
user pointers in a "machine independent" manner..
at the moment ia need to know the size of a pointer and select the
appropriate 32 or 64 version.. It would jus tbe another ENTRY files in
support.[sS] alongside teh appropriate sized entry
for each architecture so it wouldn't 'cost' anything..

for i386 it would be an alternate name for fuword32() and suword32()
I'm not sure what it would be on other architectures....

comments?

Anyone think this is a terribel idea?

I need it to save pointers to user space in the KSE MI code
to set up the "completed" list etc. Currently we use "suword()"
etc. but I'd prefer something explicitly correct for a user pointer.