Re: fuword(), suword(), etc.

From: Shawn <drevil_at_warpcore.org>
Date: 24 Jul 2003 08:06:26 -0500
On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 03:40, Terry Lambert wrote:
> It's actually unlikely that IBM will ever release enough documentation
> to get a full 64 bit Linux running on a PPC 970, let alone FreeBSD,
> and that you will be stuck with a 32 bit kernel that runs 64 bit apps,
> and which talks to IBM's internal undocumented glue on the bottom end
> while running in a virtual environment, such that the interfaces to
> that glue are not exposed in the source code they publish.

That's very interesting to me as IBM has been rather forthcoming about
making sure everyone knows that the 32bit bridge was only temporary and
to not rely on it being there in the future. I would hope that would
indicate that they may be willing to release more informaation in the
future regarding this. Of course, what do I know? :p

--
Shawn <drevil_at_warpcore.org>
http://drevil.warpcore.org/