Re: Who is responsible for the install check goo in Makefile.inc1

From: John Birrell <jb_at_cimlogic.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:34:01 +1000
On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 10:24:42AM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> I'm regularly upgrading 4.0-RELEASE to 5.x-CURRENT to check that
> the upgrade path wasn't broken, and this check comes very handy.
> I wouldn't object though if it was done using kern.osreldate.
>
> I'd happily test any patches in this direction for you, John.

Thanks. Since Peter made the change, I'd like to wait for him to comment
on the code I sent him that would avoid the core dump. I think that running
sh as a final check is valid, but I'd like to see a 'probable' case checked
first and an message printed accordingly before making the core dump as a
last resort (in favour of shooting the whole foot off - one toe is better
than the whole foot!).

--
John Birrell