Re: raidframe

From: Scott Long <scott_long_at_btc.adaptec.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 14:20:28 -0600
Petri Helenius wrote:
>>RAIDframe is non-functional in 5.1 and -current [kern/50541] and it would be
>>unwise to use it in 5.0 for anything other than experimentation. Hopefully it
>>will be fixed before 5.2.
>>

> Makes one wonder how broken code ever got into the tree in the first place...
>
> Pete

Just settle down a bit.

If you rewind to last October, RAIDFrame worked well.  Unfortunately,
some kernel interfaces changed in between now and then and RAIDFrame was
left behind.  I am remis in not fixing it, but please understand that I
also have quite a few other responsibilities, and I get paid $0 to work
on RAIDframe.

As for hardware raid, what cards have you tried, and what problems have
you experienced?  You last message was jsut a shot in the dark that few
of us would be able to help with.

Scott