Re: Native JDK with libthr/libkse

From: Andy Fawcett <andy_at_athame.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 00:17:07 +0300
On Sunday 01 June 2003 02:03, Christopher Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 31 May 2003, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> > Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_pcnet.com> writes:
> > > What are the above error messages?  Sorry, I've never been able
> > > to build native java for FreeBSD.
> >
> > # cd /usr/ports/java/jdk13
> > # make install clean
> >
> > DES
>
> I disagree.  I recently built jdk13 on Friday and it died on me,
> complaining about needing npapi.h.  The build instructions did
> mention downloading the Sun SDK source and eyesbeyond patchset,
> but did not mention the Qt Netscape Plugin Extension.

Okay, the problem here is (probably) that you have Qt 3.1.2 installed,
which clobbers a couple of headers that it shouldn't, one of which is
the npapi.h one.

kde_at_freebsd is currently working on some patches to the qt31 port to fix
this. In the meantime, your fix should be good enough

--
Andy Fawcett                                     | andy_at_athame.co.uk
                                                 | tap_at_kde.org
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap_at_lspace.org
  we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."  -- anon  | tap_at_fruitsalad.org