Re: Native JDK with libthr/libkse

From: Christopher Johnson <cjohnson_at_wcug.wwu.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 16:03:17 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 31 May 2003, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_pcnet.com> writes:
> > What are the above error messages?  Sorry, I've never been able to
> > build native java for FreeBSD.
>
> # cd /usr/ports/java/jdk13
> # make install clean
>
> DES

I disagree.  I recently built jdk13 on Friday and it died on me,
complaining about needing npapi.h.  The build instructions did
mention downloading the Sun SDK source and eyesbeyond patchset,
but did not mention the Qt Netscape Plugin Extension.

(I am not a Java programmer, I just like having the Java plugin
for Mozilla.  I am using 5.1-BETA and mozilla-devel (1.4b).)

The fix:
1) Go to
http://wp.netscape.com/comprod/development_partners/plugin_api/index.html.

2) Navigate to the "Unix LiveConnect/Plug-in SDK", and download
the Plugin SDK.  As of today, you can download it directly from:
ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/sdk/plugin/unix/unix-sdk-3.0b5.tar.Z

3) Extract the headers to a place where the build can find them
(I put them in /usr/X11R6/include, I suspect there's a more
appropriate place).  The headers are in the
PluginSDK30b5/include/ directory of the tarball.

4) Voila, jdk13 will build.

Chris Johnson
cjohnson_at_wcug.wwu.edu
Potestatem obscuri lateris necsis.