make errors in 5.1 beta 2 due to faulty mobo or pwr supply

From: FreeBSD_Guy <testing12351_at_excite.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 18:40:57 -0400 (EDT)
in a prior post, I reported "after a fresh "kernel developer" install from the x86 5.1 beta 2 ISO, i successfully configured the network and ping a domain name. Then I attempted to install /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui. This fails and repeated attempts provide differing failures. output follows ..."

this error was probably due to an unreliable motherboard and/or powersupply. After these two were replaced the problem disappeared.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com