Re: New loader(8) plugin

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 07:46:29 -0600
Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> Is there any real reason why loader.rc is not updated by
> default?  I'd be interested to know how many people out
> there have it tweaked.  Right now, when upgrading, this
> file is not updated with a fresh copy.
>
> Perhaps, it would make sense to always install it as
> /boot/loader.rc.default or /boot/loader.rc.freebsd,
> at the minimum?  What do you think?
>

> Cheers,

I was well aware of the Makefile rules involving loader.rc
when I did the work I did, and I left them the way they were
as a compromise to all of the people who strongly stated that
they had no intention of using the new bootloader.  I suspect
that _very_ few people have custom loader.rc files.  If
someone wants to tackle making it modular, that's fine with me.

Scott