Regression: Playing QT files from mplayer stopped working in 5.1

From: Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen_at_piwebs.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 22:28:29 +0200
Hi,

Since a short time (don't know exactly when it happened) it's not possible
anymore to play Quicktime files (.mov) with mplayer on 5.1-CURRENT. It has to
be a change in -CURRENT, I haven't updated mplayer. When trying to play a QT
file, mplayer outputs:

win32 libquicktime loader (c) Sascha Sommer
Standard init done you may now call supported functions
loader_init DONE???
loader_init DONE!
External func COMCTL32.dll:17
External func COMCTL32.dll:16
QuickTime5 DLLs found
QuickTime.qts patched!!! old entry=0x62924c30
theQuickTimeDispatcher catched -> 0x62924c30
Win32 Warning: Accessed uninitialized Critical Section (0x62b7fcd0)!
WARNING! Invalid Ptr handle!
Win32 Warning: Accessed uninitialized Critical Section (0x62b7fcb8)!

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_audio_codec
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. For details, see DOCS/bugreports.html#crash.b.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc
  version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read DOCS/bugreports.html
  and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you
provide
  this information when reporting a possible bug.

Best regards,

Arjan